Large-scale proteomics experiments produce data that present a significant data analysis challenge. Typical proteomics software helps the research process the raw data but stops short of helping to answer the biological questions the researchers had in mind when they designed the experiment.
- What biological pathways do the identified proteins participate in?
- Which of the proteins interact with each other directly or through intermediate molecules?
- What upstream regulators can explain their expression pattern?
- What downstream diseases or processes are likely increased or decreased by the increase or decrease of the abundance of these proteins?
- What is the effect of known protein modifications?
IPA can help you quickly and confidently answer such questions, and many more. You can also directly compare results of proteomics experiments with gene expression profiling data you might have gathered on the same samples.