Jean-Noel Billaud, PhD, Principal Scientist, QIAGEN Bioinformatics, presents how our in silico solutions enabled us to analyze and identify the biological parameters involved in EEC tumor progression including signaling pathways, biological processes, and potential transcriptional drivers. Read More
Advanced Analytics for Scientists
Powerful features in recent releases of QIAGEN's Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA), Causal Network Analysis and BioProfiler, will help you understand causal connections between diseases, genes networks of upstream regulators and leverage your own domain expertise and proprietary curation efforts.
- Quickly identify genes known to be causally relevant to a diseases or phenotype as potential drug targets or as targets of toxicity.
- Find, filter and prioritize genes and compounds by their specific relationships with diseases, phenotypes, and biological functions (e.g. ‘apoptosis’).
- Gain unprecedented access to the underlying Ingenuity disease and process ontology enabling precise search and filtering of the diseases and phenotypes of interest to you.
Causal Network Analysis:
- Generates plausible regulatory networks that may explain the gene expression changes in your dataset. These novel upstream regulators control small hierarchical networks that do not require all the molecules to have direct connection to the dataset.
- Scoring criteria enable you to prioritize the most interesting and relevant hypothesis and quickly visualize the regulatory networks most closely associated with your disease or phenotype of interest.
- Prioritize resulting hypothesis by molecule, disease, function and/or phenotype of interest. And now discover more distant connections between the causal network and the scoring criteria of interest.
- Visualize network hypothesis predicted to be responsible for observed expression changes and how it connects to the scoring criteria.
- See which other master regulators are upstream or downstream of the hypothesis of interest. In addition, export a data matrix of master regulators vs. their targets or master regulators vs. up to 20 analyses.
Export relationships from networks and pathways for further visualization
The new Relationship Export capability in IPA enables you to export the structural information contained within IPA networks or pathways for visualization in other tools such as Cytoscape. The export format contains relationships modeled as triples: Node A -> Relationship -> Node B.